Monday, November 22, 2010

She Knows When You Fake It

Two months of writing hiatus had really left this page dry, partly because many stories after all this time were untold of, when in fact there is some news which made headlines within the previous two months time, such as Rolls Royce’s share price fell due to the engine on Qantas A380 Airbus blew up, or Ireland is on the edge of financial crisis. But none of those stories actually mattered as I had my own headlines to make: Unemployment chills to the bone. Much to be anticipated, everyone looks for a job after graduated, and so I should. More often than not after fooling around in a job portal website, I would make an effort to write a note to refresh this broken mind. Truth be told, a note like this normally takes 48 hours to produce and I could report that much of that time goes to things which unfortunately have nothing to do with writing, such as sitting in front of a computer, while staring at a blank page, while yawning, while lounging gracefully. As bereavement about being unemployed went, I dropped writing. It eventually ended up like after fooling around in a job portal website, I fooled around in other neighboring websites.

Establishing a career is almost like an indecipherable infestation, and it is widely agreed that each of us possesses different perspective in viewing an ideal job. While I have always maintained that idealism is the most gracious luxury which young generations could ever conceive, the others might beg to differ. I also firmly believe that doing what you love is more important that trying to love what you do, I have always thought that the later idea is nothing but a form of pitiful self-forgiving, a cleverly disguised suggestion to let go anticipated dreams. What confirms this argument is the fact that interviewers have an idea whether you exhibit interest or not for the applied position. Don’t argue with me about this, I promise you faithfully they really do, it merely depends on how you put yourself in such situation. Having attended several interview sessions in which I had only minute interest for the position and like any other interviewees, being accommodative and pretended to be fascinated was the only perfect choice. Though the fact spoke otherwise when applications, in which I didn’t show a genuine interest, never made it to the end. Now the question coming will be, why did I apply for a particular position when I have no interest or whatsoever in it from the start? I am sorry, but not only once or twice has the interviewer been so guarded about explaining the job description or work environment either. Not in the distance past, probably when I was like four, I used to be opened with interviewers. Now though, when they hid something, and so I did too. It did show elements of indecency, though in my defense I was not mentally challenged, since being a saint and a hardcore idealist at the same time is anything but a wise choice.

"Of all interviews I have been through, three of which were hosted by women and I failed at all those too."

What’s more, there is an interesting story though to be told. You see, I know absolutely nothing about acting, but I am a good faker at times. In my attempt of being entertaining, there were of course moments when the quest for a job might feel like getting stuck down into a cul-de-sac, but still I won’t recommend anyone to lie during an interview, especially for those who possess elusive memory. Wouldn’t it be ludicrous when today you say that you want to be a lawyer, when in fact on the other day you described about the raging desire of becoming a post man? Of course, there are moments where this foul mouth has to behave, especially in front of chicks. Err.. Frightfully sorry, I mean of course ladies. The rather amusing fact is, the faking scheme only works in front of men during interviews, but on the contrary for the ladies interviewers. Of all interviews I have been through, three of which were hosted by women and I failed at all those too. Why? In doubts of correct answer, I chalked the problem up to emotional issues. One of them actually stated that recruitment instruments such as tests and interviews are not sufficient to find the correct candidate for a particular position, but feeling also played a role. No idea about what that was supposed to mean, but it is merely just a call for nature, I presume. The other one actually stated during interview that she was impressed with my assessment outcome and yet refused to precede my application because I have reached final process in another company. As she asked me whether I feel sorry for the recruitment team in that company if ever I resign, I suspected that she would plunge into a guilt-ridden hesitance if I do so. As for the last one, I had no idea why and could therefore only assume that woman’s heart is a deep ocean. Bear in mind that I am not in any minute going to suggest that the chaps, during whose interviews I failed, are mysteriously gay. While I can’t really mention factors which led to failure with ladies interviewer, the reasons with men interviewers are apparently anything but. Despite the failures with men interviewers, I find it easier to identify the mistakes and rectify them.

With thousands of jobless jamming every job exhibition, the competition of finding a job become scarcely believable and the figure is still to be added with people who already have a job, yet feel inadequate or unsatisfied. In case if anyone unoccupied reads this note and starts to develop suicidal or murderous thoughts, do worry no more because good news is coming to the desk. The director of Central Statistic Agency (BPS) has recently said that BPS released a report stating that Indonesia’s unemployment rate dropped from 7.87% in August 2009 to 7.41% in February this year. And the figure is expected to drop down again when the latest report coming out on December this year. So, go away now and pray not to have ladies interviewer in the process. If by any chance you do, fake it as if they were men. Victory tastes indeed sweet and especially when your pen made its way dancing on the sheets of working agreement, there was only a surge of contentment accompanied with a hint of revolting smugness. Even so, rationality should take place as some say that working life is a “beach”, and it gets “beachier” when your superior is obnoxious and mindlessly demanding. Imagine that the reaper prepares to sharpen his scythe in anticipation of my imminent arrival. Until next posting, enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

soo..ini toh problemnya....ckckckck

Anonymous said...

gw sudah subscribe RSS Feed lu had. menunggu posting selanjutnya...


ferde

Anonymous said...

For God sake... yang interview g hari ini chick, i mean a lady lagi!... not to mention out of 5-6 interviewer! failure rate 100% dgn ce... i demand clear and logical explanation to this....

Anonymous said...

ini salah satu fact yang berhubungan dgn post lu,
Studies have proven that it is harder to tell a convincing lie to someone you find sexually attractive.

Post a Comment


ShoutMix chat widget