Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Unconventional Parenting

As part of a generation who lives within the century transition with many adjustments and adaptation to make, the ability to embrace brand new and radical thoughts becomes essential. There are some examples which collaborate this. statement. For instance, a bunch of people who have no friends invented cloning and did it to some sheep named Dolly, Dolby, Dorry or anything similar; United States of America elected the first President who enjoyed eating bakso and fried rice; and even the legalization of homosexual marriage. On the contrary to most argument about me being dull and gray, I acknowledge the existence of gays and lesbians, way ahead even when our society has not been ready to accept them yet. Now, if you are devotedly homophobic, please get something else to read, chiefly because the following content might consist of explicit content which requires parental guardian, err.. if only your parent is neither gay nor lesbian.

I recently read an article on the internet and it seriously had me startled. It was basically about an advice stated out by U.K. Government Adviser, whose advice I disagree with, incidentally. I am not sure whether he was drunk or under the influence of drug when he announced, “Lesbians make better parents than a man and a woman.” Well I am certainly not that conservative, but this idea is much too overwhelming and will sadly never be accepted as long as I live. No, that would be preposterous, let me rephrase that, even the spirit bouncing out from my dead body will find that comment silly and worthless. In attempt to find an opposing argument, which I failed, I found something else even more jaw-dropping. The director of research at the National Academy for Parenting Practitioners in Britain, who happens to be a professor, said that evidence indicates that children raised by gay women are more successful as adults and more likely to aspire to professions that were traditionally considered male. As I often point out that geniuses tend to be eccentric, I honestly had no idea about what this bloke was on about. I studied Biology during high school and correct me if I am wrong, but babies don’t come from a man getting on it with another man, and I guess it is the same story as woman to woman. Bear with me, the exact parameter of success in raising children is blury, since children upbringing is very personal and most of all I haven’t been a father yet. I would want to be involved in parenting one day and I do want to be a good father for my children. Speaking from the perspective of a parent-to-be and if I ever take the advice of that drunken bloke from Government Adviser, you will see one day on my Facebook page that I am engaged in a relationship with some chap named Ricardo, which will be the most horrifying nightmare to have. I could accept the controversial idea that Britney Spears and Madonna kissed during MTV Music Awards and even if they get it on under the sheets, but my mom with Susan from the fish market? Now, speaking on the perspective as a son, the idea of Susan would have been a better father than my actual dad is completely laughable. Nearly as laughable is, how such a parenting organization could be interested into this sort of thing.


"The upshot is, it is bloody expensive to rent a space shuttle, so think again before you decide to become a homosexual in this country."

I should point out that this is a tricky choice of topic to be written though. I remembered that early in September this year, some Muslim fundamentalists or widely known as members of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) staged rallies at foreign culture center in Jakarta, demanding the termination of Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, because they claimed that it is against the principles of Islam. More worryingly to say, FPI also made a bold claim that their actions represented all Muslims in country. I do not have the statistic, but I believe that Jakarta is neither a city full of homophobes nor homosexual free. In fact if you are gay undercover, I am afraid the choice of becoming a legal homosexual in this country is the kind of luxury which you cannot afford. Firstly, you have to have enough money to buy a new house overseas, because when you blithely update your status on Facebook with something like “I am proudly gay”, some fanatic activists from any religion based organization will show up on your door step, punch you in the face, arrest your mom and dad for parenting failure accusation, then they will burn down your house. And of course, you cannot get married with your spouse here. The options are either, you fly to Canada or Netherland to legalize your marriage and settle there, considering that your house had turned into dust here; or you ship those fanatic activists with the whole organization using commercial space shuttle to Mars. The upshot is, it is bloody expensive to rent a space shuttle, so think again before you decide to become a homosexual in this country.

Truth be told, it might be a radical thought and way too early to discuss about whether lesbians will make better parent, when in fact, their existence is challenged in this country. With so many oppositions and counter-actions against gay and lesbians, no wonder that gay community might just not manage to survive in maintaining their characters, personalities and sexual preferences here. Having given it a lot of thought, I literally could not foresee any trouble of having homosexual colleagues, friends or even neighbor. Also, I see no reason why gay and lesbians are not allowed to adopt a child; it doesn’t necessarily means that the children they have raised will be gay too. On top of that, I am still unsure that lesbians make better parent than normal couple as children upbringing is a very personal matter, and no one wants to be a lousy role model for their children. Even so, this unconventional parenting concept does need take a while to adapt, especially when I admit it to my children “I am sorry that I can’t be a better father, because I am not gay.” Until next posting, enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... lebay had... hopefully billy bakal terlahir... sblm u perhaps ganti jalur juga menjadi mono way... btw, tu kan parentingny.. bukan hasilinya toh... perhaps kalo tu bener, mgkn bnyk gay or lesbi yg bs jadi good teachers....

Hadi Sanjaya Sim said...

no.. justru hsl parenting by lesbians yg ktnya lbh baik dr normal couple. Ga tau gmn crnya bs gt, tp it's based on scientific research, believe it or not..

Anonymous said...

still can't imagine.... how this homo thingy is for real....-- i mean, weww... koq bs yah cowo suka cowo..en cewe suka cewe.....

Post a Comment


ShoutMix chat widget