Thursday, January 01, 2009

Haven't You Matured?

Quite until a moment I still couldn’t get over the tremendous rage after a harsh quarrel with my colleagues and I simply couldn’t let go for several reasons. Though things went berserk merely after a trifle facetious question which was related to the semester project was asked. Since the question itself won’t do any good in supporting this notes, I would rather therefore not going to address it out. Still, nothing annoys me more than appeals to my sense of life balance when one start arguing and refuse to shut up. I’m 20 and in accordance to what I have pointed out in my previous note, I’m on the age where people more often than not are slightly selfish and self-centered. Factually and I dedicate the following sentence to my dear friends whom I have been yelling at, I learned that the torturous argument was sparked by a misconception in most human’s perceptions which I refer as maturity. In my opinion, I would simply define maturity as the ability to handle the emotion well, make decisions wisely and hold onto the positive values firmly even under a mentally inhumane pressure. It is nevertheless a lifetime process and it will depend on how far one could compromise. This has become the topic which I’m going to point out in this note, since it would help me in redefining what the real maturity is and hopefully, it will turn out right.

I would start off by illustrating a very simple example to give a comprehensible description to what I am about to explain: When a little 5-year-old boy notices a toy store, he might instantly drag his parent into the store, pick up any toys that he liked and hoping that his parent would buy them for him. I suppose that you would know what might happen if the parent refused to buy him those toys: it’s either he accepted it, which I found rare actually, or he would throw a tantrum. That is merely to pose a thought whether we have improved our sensibility on how we react towards others and yet, it would be ridiculous if a 20 year-old man still act like a 5-year-old boy. Though I would like to quote from a German phrase: “In einem Mann steht immer ein Kind” which means, there will always be a fraction of boy inside of a man. I am not about to contend that being childish is anything but amusing for a grown up bloke, but then imagine there was a time when people listen to you, imagine there was a moment where there are always compromises even for your so called intolerable fundamental values, even under a depressing pressure there has always been a slight hope that you might get it right.

"Not in dread of any furtive thoughts, I honor the maturity respectfully, in the most gallant way that it defines the sheer quality and value of a man."


"Not in dread of any furtive embarrassments, I honor the marurity
We are created with a pair of ears and one mouth and I would therefore agree that we should listen to others twice as much as what we have spoken out. However, such condition will never happen since we are individual persons and therefore, there are many characteristics which make us special. For similar reasons and not in dread of any furtive thoughts, I honor the maturity respectfully, in the most gallant way that it defines the sheer quality and value of a man. Resist the urge to clash in a dispute might be somehow challenging for some people and in the name of self-integrity, it might not be the best option to sit back and let other people fire at you. Personally, I wouldn’t give a damn on exhausting arguments since I am aware that they were rubbish and therefore worthless to be listened. Truth be told, a lot of things have I learned so far and every phase of this life has come as a revelation to me. It is frequently helpful in developing the interpersonal skills, which I’m currently striving, and it is quite obvious actually since after exhausting quarrels and facing crabby people, there are always positive outcomes if you realize. I’m not more than a Mr. Brightside, not yet even a Mr. Pessimist. However I do know that I don’t want to look back and recall any of those painful arguments, mainly because it is merely an essential element that empowers someone’s maturity and it will always stay so. Moreover, only crabby lunatics and monumental morons would expect such thing to happen constantly in their lives.

To sum up, I am not looking for any validations to what I have just pointed out above. The act of being mature indicates someone’s mind power; I believe that a mature man sets his own standard on what defines him and what he is made of, even though such persons would find a raging challenge in their life since people who oppose might revile and refuse to acknowledge them. One thing for sure, insecure persons only look for flaws in others, meanwhile mature people seek ones within themselves. Mind you?

No comments:

Post a Comment


ShoutMix chat widget