Thursday, January 01, 2009

Dynamic Emotion Control

Truth be told that I would refer the previous week as an appalling disaster to me, particularly because it has been filled with a series of dreadful disappointments accompanied with a bodily illness. In such way that it has gone so bad until a point where I nearly go berserk and the Thursday live acoustic music event which happens to be my ideal stress reliever, has suddenly turned into an occurrence which I take for granted!

The week started with a strange malfunction of my body: dehydration during rainy season. I couldn’t possibly afford this kind of occurrence since I’m studying in a university which demands a top-notch condition throughout the semester and yet, this had caused my gum to swollen and a painful headache which squeezed me nearly to death. Not quite finished with the gum issue, I was annoyed and irritated by a preposterous cell-phone provider which provides a lousy service when I need to make an international phone-call. In fact, I couldn’t make it for the excuses of the operators which I was absolutely not interested to listen. Then here comes the TGIF, the only sacred haven and relieving day for most people. Sadly, it didn’t work out that way after I learned that the only thing in my semester project which kept me “on-line” has been brutally disemboweled and finally broke down. I soon found it rested in my tool box and unbelievably, I mourned it as if it was a dead corpse lying stiff in a plastic coffin. Later on in the evening, I conducted a pre-interview conversation of my internship application with a German. The conversation didn’t go smoothly since either he was speaking with porridge in his mouth or I was so deaf that I couldn’t understand his accent. The next day, I was sort of having a final examination of a foreign language which was spoken by Mr-Charlie-Chaplin-look-alike mein Führer. Presumably, the result was amusingly pathetic to listen and this is merely a hunch: I wouldn’t make it through this semester for a very reasonable good reason, which is skipping a whole year of study material. Blimey! My miserable chapter of the miserable week was then miserably ended with a miserable dental work. The dentist charged me a whopping amount of money which boggles the mind and it did indeed. Now as I am writing this note I can feel the greatest inconvenience after your mouth being forcefully stretched wide open by a cold-blooded dentist: another painful headache.

Normally, I would prefer to rest and save some energy if I am getting sick. But now, I could write a quite long note so far within 10 minutes without any significant problems of vocabulary or word choice. I do believe that I am being emotional and this is the one which drives me writing this note. This also becomes the topic of my note this week, which is the emotion control.

"We are 20 something which makes us greedily selfish and ridiculously self-centered."


In glancing to what had occurred last week, I would question how people would response or react if something bad happened to them and they were actually not ready for it – a moment where everything seems to head back against you – there is nothing you can do about it – you are completely isolated from any control to the situation. I haven’t been in such one; even what happened to me last week can’t be categorized as “out of my control”, since there were several precautions which I had to acknowledge but yet, I didn’t. Anyway, I am more interested in the way people deal with their emotions since it would help you to be a better person: you start to understand others and know where to put yourself in a difficult situation. What situation? A situation where one is agitated and infuriated but you are a part of his/her environment. I would make it easier by giving you an example: After spending weeks working on the semester project, I started to realize how immense the people values in this spinning ball which we refer as the earth are. I am surrounded by 19 classmates and we are separated into a group of three to accomplish the project, this however also means 20 brains, 20 characters, 20 attitudes, 20 perspectives, 20 problem approaching styles, 20 temperaments, 20 personalities and most of all, we are 20 something which makes us greedily selfish and ridiculously self-centered. Ouch! So what do I do when something disgruntling happened to me? I would most likely to address my problems and start a trouble-shooting. Basically, I would avoid any arguments, since I hate them so much, and if one does happen, the louder other people talk to me, then the lower tone I would speak until I shut up completely. In my case of last week, I was mentally exhausted and physically drained. However, I would find a way not to involve anyone else any deeper into my situation and keep them out of the stressful element which I am dealing with. The strange thing is, it is somehow beyond my comprehension to see people yelling out loud and could still possibly think clearly (that is what they said), meanwhile things that occurring around are utterly wrecked. I once said to my buddy when he went maid for some reasons: I want you to take your negative energy away from me as far as you could. It was improperly rude and sadly, there was nothing I could do about it even after the supports that I gave to him. How the problems could possibly be fixed, if people refuse to stop being emotional and still concentrate on the problem itself other than figuring out the solution. What on earth was that for?

Overall, I shouldn’t be looking for any validations to what I am pointing out here; I just say that it is humane to let anger and disappointment out. Furthermore, I think that the reason why people went mad is the fact that they are fear of being left unattended or they do not get any support. Now, wouldn’t it be any better to develop a proper emotion control in stead of going whacked?

2 comments:

Ciputra Tan said...

"if someone lies, cheats on him or betray him, he is entitled to do so to others"=> hmm certainly that's the easiest way to do when u r 5 years old i assume.. . anyway, yet almost everyone deliberately do so..... for what purpose? just to satisfy their feelings of being hurt... to let anyone share the same feeling.... ouch.. not good one though... Read more... "negative aura" quoted from the writer then..

honesty... sometimes.. able to cut ur heart deep enough... leaving bad impression... another ouchy... anyway, every single thing needs to be used wisely.. nothing best nothing worst, that's just what it is. can't directly point out that someone is ugly right? even with ur so called damned EUFIMISM..... Support the honesty, but not to idolize it...

Albert Christian said...

susah...

Post a Comment


ShoutMix chat widget